IN offers services designed to help in cultivating a sense of place and
creating more engaged and effective communities, organizations and individuals
dedicated to fostering social change and promoting a sustainable, humane
Organizational Ecology and Leadership.
Organizations, like ecosystems, function well when the parts are able
to effectively support the health of the whole. DIG IN offers capacity-building
for a range of organizations, using ecological principles to improve communication,
diversity, productivity and sustainability for those engaged in community
building and social change work. Services include:
• Organizational assessment, planning, evaluation,
and culture change processes; strategic advising on organizational and
• Individualized coaching, team building, meeting facilitation,
training and strategic planning.
• Design and delivery of leadership training programs—including
facilitation, conflict resolution, community building and collaboration.
Community Building and Civic
DIG IN is dedicated to “restoring the civic ecosystem” and
specializes in projects and facilitation involving collaborative, community
and public participation processes concerning land use, resource issues
and community development. Services include:
• Community outreach, education and engagement, including
design of community dialogues to promote understanding and explore sustainable
development and social change issues.
• Collaborative and coalition formation and facilitation.
• Conflict resolution and mediation for organizations, collaboratives,
communities or individuals.
• Strategic advising on community outreach, public education and
political advocacy campaigns.
• Training and strategy around movement building and network creation.
Sustainability and Place-Based
DIG IN works with businesses, agencies, schools, communities and individuals
interested in sustainable development practices. In cultivating a sense
of place as a pathway to supporting the transition to a more sustainable
society, services include:
• Design and delivery of place-based programs in environmental
education, sustainable agriculture, youth engagement and community-building.
• Sustainability consulting for businesses, organizations, and schools
interested in supporting culture change through lessening their ecological
and social impact.
• Consulting, design and installation for municipalities, organizations
and schools interested in creating ecological and educational parks, gardens
• Individualized coaching on leadership skills, sustainability lifestyle
choices, and careers in sustainability and social change.